For all of you who think online dating is for the closet nerd who sits at home on his laptop and has no time for anyone, this post’s for you. Online dating has become the norm – many couples are meeting, dating, and even getting married of relationships starting on websites. Why? Simple – time and efficiency. Who wants to spend time at a bar or “pick-up” place with the “chance” of meeting someone interested in the same things as you, when you can browse and optimize your search online. Screening becomes easy and you waste less time on potential rejects, gaining more time to search some more. With the limitless reach of the internet, you gain access to people you may have never met in your normal stream of events, opening up a whole new range of opportunities and possibilities.
For the hottest guys and gals out there, their time is precious hence why they DO participate in this online dating world. They also get approached all the time and the same goes for online so here are some tips to help you when seeking for love on the net:
1. The most important step of all is to have good pictures up on your profile. Who said attraction wasn’t important? Ask your friends for suggestions on which are your best pics and post a few. Too embarrassed about online dating (even though a lot of your friends are probably doing so)? Go to a site like “hot or not” and get some of your pictures rated. Use the ones that get the best rating of you. Offer a few pictures of yourself doing different things / in different outfits. This shows people that you’re a real person, using real pictures. Finally, don’t be too provocative in your pictures – unless of course you’re looking for a one night hook-up.
2. Your first email should be fairly short yet insightful. Make sure you read the person’s profile and indicate you have things in common with them. This shows you have taken the time to learn about them as well as puts them at ease about your connection. Humor is also appreciated and helps you stand out from the generic “you’re hot” messages.
3. “Wink”ing is for women. Take the initiative and show confidence by sending an email. If she “winks” at you and you’re interested, then go ahead and write her back.
4. Don’t be scared about asking for their phone number after chatting a few times. This will make you seem confident and your relationship will carry more connection. Don’t make the first few conversations too long – keep it light and humorous.
5. Finally, the date: Keep it in a public place, and keep the activity to a short period of time. That way, if you don’t get on, you can make a quick escape.
Good luck Guys and Gals!